Associate Program Director Job Description
TITLE: Associate Program Director
HOURS: Full-Time Salary Position
REPORTS TO: Program
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These duties and responsibilities are judged to be “essential functions” in terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act or ADA)
· Facilitate workshops, conduct trainings and give speaking presentations on issues of racial equity in collaboration with the Program Director.
· Assist in exploring and reviewing scientific research on race issues and integrate this knowledge into existing or new programming.
· Lead activities and initiatives to engage the community in promoting racial equity.
· Maintain relations with organizational partners, including schools, businesses, and other community organizations.
· Assist in responding to advocacy calls.
· Assist in marketing diversity education initiatives.
· Assist in preparing training and presentation materials.
· Develop and implement diversity education program betterment with the Program Director.
· Develop and implement consulting material with the Program Director for future consulting projects.
· Assume additional responsibilities as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed by such a person.
HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
· Past experience with diversity-focused initiatives desirable.
· Bilingual Spanish/English desirable.
· Strong communication skills including public speaking, presentation, and facilitation.
· Ability to effectively represent the organization at external events and at all program events.
· Works effectively with staff team members.
· Available for occasional evening and weekend responsibilities.
· MS Office software skills, including Word and Excel, and some database knowledge.
· Must have valid driver’s license and own transportation.
qualifications listed above are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative
qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties of the
Lakeshore Ethnic Diversity Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)