"I enjoyed every week and really feel I have enhanced my Spanish speaking skills!"
Hola! Hello! Did you know by 2050, the United States will be the largest Spanish-speaking country in the world? Today, nearly 450,000 Michigan citizens identify themselves as Hispanic, and nearly 32,000 citizens living in the lakeshore region identify as Hispanic.
As demographics change, having Spanish speaking skills in your back pocket will come in handy at work, in the community, and at play. Most important, having the skills to communicate with a Spanish speaking person demonstrates your cultural awareness and understanding. Plus, it’s fun -- es divertido!
- Keep pace with changing demographics.
- Enhance your travel experiences.
- Increase your cultural understanding.
- Build community and get to know your neighbor.
- Keep your mind sharp.
- Improve your employment potential.
- Become more independent.
- Help others who may not speak English.
Your business or organization will also benefit from having Spanish-speaking staff or volunteers.
- Open doors to communicate and improve business opportunities in the global world.
- Medical, law, social work, schools, faith, and governmental entities, just to name a few, can interact with Spanish speaking individuals.
- Work abroad.
- Expand your workforce diversity by hiring and promoting men and women whose native language is Spanish.
The Lakeshore Ethnic Diversity Alliance’s Spanish Language Academy Boot Camp is taught in relaxed, small-group environments, which is perfect for practicing on the spot with others, receiving immediate feedback and encouragement from an expert instructor, asking questions, and making new friends.
- No intimidating or costly software to download.
- Understandable and concise translation from English to Spanish.
- Grammar explanations.
- Clear instructions and expected outcomes.
- An affordable alternative to college courses and most language software programs.